The Music Instructors reports to a District Music Coordinator, Primary Schools Music Programme and is required to provide classroom instruction in specified schools that are implementing the Primary Schools Music Programme. He/she will also be required to prepare and administer appropriate evaluation mechanisms to assess student achievement in the Primary Schools Music Education Programme over time.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and implements a programme of work to support the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and attitudes of students in accordance with the approved music curricula of the Ministry of
- Prepares a scheme of work to guide the implementation of the
- Prepares the notes of lessons which expand on specific areas/topics.
- Prepares charts, diagrams and other general teaching aids and uses appropriate teaching methods, techniques, and strategies.
- Prepares, administers, and marks tests, projects and assignments to evaluate student
- Maintains records of student attainment in the curriculum over a designated
- Submits weekly reports on classroom
- Collaborates with administrators and teachers of assigned schools as needed to realise the objectives of the music education
- Performs other duties related to job function that may be assigned from time to
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification and assessment in Music Theory and/or experience in Music
- Sound musical arranging
- Sound communication
- Sound planning and organizing
- Basic skills in curriculum adaptation to suit the needs of specific
- Basic counselling and learning space management
- Basic computer literacy
- Evidence of teaching experience would be an asset