Supervises coordinates and directs the Facilities Maintenance programme of work in the schools and districts; liaises with service providers, schools management teams, key stakeholders and other external parties as well as with other functional entities within the Ministry, to ensure a smooth and timely rollout/implementation of all facilities maintenance related activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: –
- Ensures that the affairs of the Facilities Maintenance Programme are conducted in accordance with the financial and other regulations.
- Oversees the proper coordination and management of projects throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Resolves problems in relation to the facilities maintenance-related projects to ensure effective and efficient use of resources and timely implementation.
- Reviews and assesses the performance of work carried out by the contractors/consultants and prepares reports for submission to the executive.
- Develops effective channels of communication for obtaining feedback from all stakeholders on proper maintenance and management of the Ministry’s facilities.
- Develops a monitoring and evaluation plan on the Facilities Maintenance and Management process.
- Organizes and coordinates briefing sessions with representatives of the Ministry of Education.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education Administration or Engineering.
- Post Graduate training in Facilities Management/Project Management.
- Ability to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for the execution of Facilities Management Programmes.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in coordinating/overseeing large scale project activities.
- Knowledge of the education system in Trinidad and Tobago will be an asset.
- Excellent negotiation, communication (both orally and written) and interpersonal skills will be necessary.
Applications are required to be submitted by SEPTEMBER 30, 2022.