The Project Coordinator reports to the Director of Curriculum Development and is required to provide managerial support to the Director in organizing, coordinating, and supervising the implementation of the Primary Schools Music Programme Unit. He/she will also be required to establish appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms that will inform the review of the Programme over time.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approves the programmes of work for the Primary Schools Music Programme and issues instructions related thereto.
- Designs, schedules, and implements teacher-training programme (in consultation with the Curriculum Development and Schools Supervision Divisions).
- Plans course structure and content for the
- Prepares, develops, modifies, and evaluates curriculum guides and materials relevant to the project.
- Recommends and requests the purchase of material and equipment and schedules maintenance of the physical resources (musical instruments, accessories etc.).
- Evaluates the performance of members of the
QUALIFICATONS AND EXPEREINCE: –
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years’ experience in management of a musical band/group.
- Experience in Project
- Experience in planning and conducting training
- Sound steelband management
- Sound human relations and communications
- Skills in curriculum adaptation to suit specific musical
- Basic computer
- Ability to foster