The incumbent will be required to plan and evaluate activities with respect to the needs of children in his/her care. His/her duties include preparing materials and teaching aids, maintaining records and supervising ECCE Teacher Assistants/Teaching Assistants.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans activities using a variety of materials and equipment to improve the social, emotional, physical, creative and intellectual development of children three (3) and under five (5) year old.
- Evaluates the needs of individual children in his/her care and prepare activity plans to meet those needs.
- Prepares materials and teaching aids as necessary.
- Maintains records as required.
- Supervises ECCE Teacher Assistants/Teaching Assistants
- Attends staff, parents’ and Board /Support Team meetings.
- Assists in general duties as required from time to time to maintain the efficient operation of the ECCE Centre.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the field of ECCE.
- Experience in curriculum development and implementation at Classroom level – ECCE.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training in the field of ECCE.
- Recognized Certificate in Administration and Management of ECCE will be an asset.