MANAGER, HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY SERVICES
Manage the development and implementation of health, safety, security and environment programmes and initiatives for the Ministry of Education so as to ensure compliance with existing laws and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates and implements policies, as well as plans, directs and coordinates the operational and administrative functions of the Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Services.
- Supervises the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions at all of the Ministry’s facilities, identification of root causes and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Conducts Health, Safety and Environment competency enhancement programs on Health, Safety and Environment practices and legislation.
- Develops and implements emergency response plans and drill exercises.
- Maintains liaison with external organizations for emergency response and disaster preparedness.
- Conducts security surveys and implements security measures to preserve the inviolability of client buildings and the safety and security of members of staff who operate therein.
- Coordinates the functions for effective implementation of security policies of the Ministry.
- Addresses security issues during emergencies/alert calls and ensures emergency procedures are developed for protection in the event of emergencies and to minimize consequences.
- Assists line management in fulfilling their responsibilities by providing accurate and best practices information, for the development of emergency plans, policies, procedures and practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health, Safety, Security and Environment regulations and legislation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international Standards and Codes of practices.
- Working knowledge of the laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago such as the Police Service Act, Regulations, Amendments, Supplemental Police
Act, Summary Offences Act, Education Act, Malicious Damages Act, Children Act, Sexual Offences Act, Offences Against the Person Act, Gambling and Betting Act, Firearms Act, Explosive Act, Litter Act, OHSA, Dangerous Drugs Act, EMA Act and others.
- Working knowledge of arrest procedures.
- security systems, techniques and operations.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationship.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Security Administration/Law Enforcement.
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety and Natural or Environmental Science or any other related field from an accredited institution.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience in Health, Safety and Security Management and/or any equivalent combination of experience and training.